This web site provides updated information about the course and upcoming assignments. It also contains links to many of the handouts and materials used in the course. Please note that all materials on this web site are for use only by students enrolled in Business Planning at California Western School of Law. Students in the class may copy these materials to their own computers. However, these materials may not be transferred to others or posted on publicly accessible web sites.
There will be a lot of paper and computer files passing back and forth between students and the professor. This creates a need for some uniformity to ease the merging, printing and re-distribution of documents. Students should follow these simple guidelines when submitting work:
1. Submit all documents in one of these formats: PDF (preferred), DOC, DOCX, WPD.
2. Place your Student ID, date and title of document at the beginning of the text in the upper left-hand corner. If you like, you can also include a header with this information.
3. Use normal line spacing (single line) and margins (one inch all around). Set the paragraph spacing to “auto.”
4. Attach the document to an e-mail. Do not include in the body of the e-mail.
1. The Zoom link for our Business Planning class is: https://cwsl.zoom.us/j/98583724330. The password will be sent to you by email.
2. Participating in Class:
a. Make sure your identity is your first & last name.
b. Choose “Join with Computer Audio.”
c. After you connect to the Zoom meeting, move your cursor to the bottom of the Zoom window and you can control the Mute & Video features. Make sure:
i. Your video is turned on
ii. The audio is muted
d. To participate with questions or comments, simply unmute and jump in – or raise your hand so I can see it on the video.
Links to Past Assignments.
ALWAYS HIT THE “REFRESH” BUTTON ON YOUR BROWSER TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE VIEWING THE MOST RECENT ASSIGNMENTS. Many browsers will use a cached version of the website & may not reveal the most recent updates unless you hit the refresh button.
1. FINAL PROJECT INSTRUCTIONS The Final Project is due Thursday, December 3rd no later than 4:00 pm. Submit the documents via Canvas:
a. UPLOAD INSTRUCTIONS:
i. Members of the same team can sign up for a "Group" submission.
ii. One member of the team please upload ONE copy of the documents per team with all the team members ID #'s.
iii. Documents: Upload each document as a separate file.
b. I look forward to reading your documents.
2. Prior to December 2nd, you must schedule a meeting with Prof. Ehrlich and your drafting partner(s) for discussion of your progress on the Final Project.
a. Please send an email to Prof. Ehrlich with some suggested dates/times for the meeting. You can suggest times between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm.
1. Ehrlich & Michael, Sample Informed Consent to Multiple Representation.
2. State Bar Sample Written Fee Agreement Forms
3. CEB Forms §2.15 and §2.16 - Attorney Client Agreement & Conflicts Letters
4. Client Profile after Mock Interview (to be posted after class).
1. Business Portal page maintained by the California Secretary of State.
2. Department of Business Oversight: On July 1, 2013, the Department of Corporations and Department of Financial Institutions became the Department of Business Oversight.
3. Department of Business Oversight Securities Transactions Forms This site contains the appropriate forms for exemptions under the various exemptions under California Law
7. Rules of the California Department of Business Oversight related to §25102(f).
8. The Securities Lawyer Deskbook: This excellent resource contains links to the full text of the Securities Acts of 1933 and 1934, as well as Regulations of the SEC.
9. The United States Security & Exchange Commission: This is the web site for the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission.
To access CEB Books:
1. The direct URL is: http://lib-proxy.cwsl.edu:2048/login?url=http://ceb.com/OnLAW/ipaccess/default.aspx
2. Go to www.cwsl.edu à Library à Electronic Resources à Electronic Resources Databases à “A to Z” tab at the top à Scroll down until you see CEBOnLaw and click.
3. On campus users will automatically gain access to the CEB Books. Off campus users must log in using their normal login name and password.
4. Click on the “+” sign to the left of “Business Law” then click on the book you need.
Office: Room 309, Administration Building (225 Cedar St.)
Office Hours via Zoom
If you would like to meet with me, send me an email and we will set up a Zoom meeting